Saturday, March 6, 2010

On our way!


The almost 6 hours of sleep I was going to get last night got even smaller when a strange beep from our house alarm woke us up. After a few minutes, I realized this beeping was because the power had gone off. My daughter is a light sleeper and she started crying. I went to comfort her while my husband shut off the beeping. The whole cul-de-sac was dark. He got the job of sleeping with her to calm her down and I tried to calm my racing heart. As I lay there, I was suddenly filled with all kinds of irrational fears. So much so that every little noise I heard sent my heart racing again. I had to get up and go look around down stairs just to calm my fears. I happen to check my phone and I found that a sweet friend of mine had sent a text earlier to let me know she was praying for me and she quoted a verse. It read “The Lord will keep you from all harm-He will watch over your coming and going both now and forever” ps 121:7-8

This was such a comfort to me and helped bring gospel sanity to my fears. To remember that He is the one that is in charge of this mission trip and all the details! He is the one that will protect our team. It is so good when God reminds me that He actually is in charge. So much of the time I want to be the one in charge and it is such a false sense of reality. SO many times the voices in my head tell me the opposite of what His word says. That is why we need our community to remind us of the truth everyday.

“If I were to fly on the wings of the dawn, and settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand would guide me, your right hand would grab hold of me.” Ps 139:9-10

We all got on the plane and are on our way to Dallas. After Dallas, we travel to Miami where we will meet up with Jenni and her son, Jordan. They are our California team and Jenni actually lead a trip to this same orphanage in El Salvador in November. We are so excited they could join us. We get to ride on the plane with them into El Salvador. Once we arrive there, we will meet up with 2 more members that are already there. Angela and Edwin also went on the trip with Jenni back in November. Both Jenni and Edwin speak Spanish and actually Edwin is from El Salvador!! We were amazed at how God pulled this team together and are excited to get to know each other more in this next week!

Wendy

1 comment:

  1. What a group! I hope Bobby packed a suitcase filled with good humor. Six women--one man--good times. Can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete